AccountAbility is a global consulting and standards firm that works with businesses, investors, governments, and multi-lateral organizations to achieve opportunities, advance responsible business practices, and transform their long-term performance. We focus on delivering practical, effective, and enduring results that enable our clients to succeed.
Please visit our website http://www.accountability.orgto learn more about us and our work.
AccountAbility’s Advisory team is the firm’s lifeblood, delivering expert consulting services for organizations of every type and size that want to assess, establish, and/or implement leading practice sustainability initiatives that provide tangible ESG impacts while driving bottom-line performance. The Advisory team’s projects are bespoke to the unique needs of each client, touching on areas such as strategy, governance, reporting and communications, stakeholder engagement, and training.
The Fellow position is open to current undergraduate and graduate students nearing completion of their degree or recent graduates, with 1-3 years of prior work experience. The Senior Fellow position is open to current graduate students nearing completion of their degree or recent masters-level graduates, with 3+ years of prior work experience.
Throughout their fellowship, Advisory Fellows will gain experience in distilling global business and sustainability trends, and will work with cross-functional teams serving clients and executing client deliverables, while contributing to other firm-wide standards and communication efforts.
Fellows will have the opportunity to gain experience in corporate sustainability advisory on multiple project and client types, be coached by experienced leaders in the sustainability consulting industry, and be exposed to sustainability business practices across industries and geographies. The ideal candidate would have one semester or less remaining and be seeking to use the Fellowship as a platform to grow sustainability consulting experience with the objective of achieving a long-term placement with AccountAbility.
- Contribute 40 hours per week for 12 weeks towards AccountAbility’s ESG advisory projects,
- Support and manage project work for a roster of clients worldwide on service offerings including ESG/Sustainability strategy development, current state assessment, reporting, stakeholder engagement, peer benchmarking, ESG trends research, and more,
- Work with AccountAbility’s Advisory team to develop client deliverables and internal process documents (e.g., PowerPoint, Word documents, or Excel),
- Conduct weekly check-ins with position managers, collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders during primary operating hours, and attend all weekly team meetings and global all-company meetings
- Receive hands-on, practical experience in the global business and sustainability consulting fields,
- Develop management consulting skills, project experience, and experience shaping operational processes,
- Help shape the brand, communications, and strategy of a growing, global consulting firm,
- Receive a competitive hourly rate; exemplary Fellows have the potential to move to a full-time, salaried position immediately following the successful completion of their Fellowship term
Start Date: January – February 2024 (NYC Only)
- Submit application by November 30, 2023
Start Date: Summer (May – June) 2024 (NYC and London)
- Round 1: Submit application by November 30, 2023
- Round 2: Submit application by February 29, 2024
Applicants applying for a Summer 2024 start date will be given equal consideration during both rounds of recruiting, though we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible.