This Nurse Practitioner Fellow will be responsible for:
- Providing care to infants, children, and adults with congenital and acquired heart disease in inpatient acute, ICU and ambulatory settings, to provide a broad experience to build competency that will positively impact both episodic and longitudinal patient care coverage and health outcomes for the patients.
- Collaborating with the supervising physician to conduct patient assessment and medical history, physical exams, and to diagnose health and developmental problems.
- Caring for patients with both acute and chronic disease by managing therapeutic regimens according to approved guidelines.
To qualify, you must have:
- Recent graduate (less than 12 months) from accredited MSN or DNP Program.
- PNP/FNP certification, MA APRN license, BLS, and PALS/ACLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years of nursing experience in Pediatric Setting (Strongly Preferred).
40 hours, potential for rotation to nights and up to every 3rd weekend.
Early to mid-January start.
This program will provide New Graduate Nurse Practitioners with a broad experience across several care environments (ICU, 8E, Ambulatory) to build competency that will positively impact both episodic and longitudinal patient care coverage and health outcomes for the patients on the whole.
Application process will at some point require:
- Fellowship application with essay.
- Three letters of recommendation (sealed/letterhead) including Graduate Program Director (preferred), one preceptor and manager from prior RN position(s).
- 12-month commitment.