2024 Summer Internship Program:
Check out our website at http://chaffeehabitat.org/wp/interns/.
Interns will receive a $1,750 stipend (additional stipend for return interns), as well as no-cost housing in our awesome intern apartment!
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is known for its continuous efforts to pave the way for leading a brighter future for families in need. Since 1976, Habitat for Humanity has built or repaired more than one million houses in nearly one hundred countries, providing simple, decent, and affordable shelter for more than five million people worldwide. Located in beautiful Buena Vista, Colorado, Chaffee County Habitat for Humanity was established in 2000 and has built twenty-five homes and helped numerous individuals obtain affordable housing.
One of Colorado’s most desirable summer locations, Buena Vista, is surrounded by an abundance of 14,000ft peaks and is located on the banks of the Arkansas River, known by many as the “Whitewater Capital of the World”. A destination for visitors, interns will wake up every day to the beauty of the Arkansas Valley. This is a great opportunity to experience the best of what Colorado has to offer and learn valuable life lessons and occupational skills all while helping to transform a family’s life forever. This internship includes a travel expense stipend, no-cost housing, and potential school credit. Apply today for the experience of a lifetime!
Public Relations and Marketing Intern
Overall Nature and Scope of Position:
The student intern will be a member of the CCHfH staff and will work directly with all staff and volunteers. They will work in the community and share in the excitement of our summer-building activities. The intern will also act as a representative for CCHfH to donors, volunteers, and the community. CCHfH is a small primarily volunteer-based organization providing the intern with the opportunity to be creative, and successful, and gain on-the-job training that will assist them in their future career search.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee summer outreach events and media relations
- Assist with the creation of annual newsletters
- Develop a social media campaign for CCHfH
- Help to develop a market analysis and marketing plan
- Assist with planning for and implementing fundraising campaigns
- Design and conduct a fundraising event
Supervision and Work Relationships:
The student intern works with all CCHfH staff members and volunteers. The position has extensive contact with the public and all volunteers who work with Habitat for Humanity.
- Applicants must be highly organized, detail-oriented with exceptional writing and multi-tasking skills
- Experience writing or creating marketing plans
- Proficient with Microsoft products and familiar with Adobe Suite
- Outgoing personality, comfortable representing CCHfH in the community
- Ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Successfully pass a background investigation to perform duties as required
- Available during the summer build season: late May through early August (Minimum 10-12 Weeks)
*Documents may be submitted either electronically (PDF) or via standard mail service.
- Cover Letter: outlining your interest in Habitat for Humanity
- Current Resume: include educational and work experience with dates
- Two Letters of Recommendation: letters should be sent directly to the attention of the program coordinator from the sender
- Essay: What skills would you like this internship to help you to attain and/or improve upon? How will this work experience help you to achieve future work-related goals?
- Official College Transcripts: must be sent directly from the school to CCHfH
Rolling Admissions: Applications are reviewed upon receipt. Apply early!
For questions or additional information, please contact: