What You Will Do:
The Audit Remediation and Internal Control Lead helps Department of Defense (DoD) clients optimize their internal control environment and help solve long standing or emerging challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting audit remediation activities, such as developing/updating process documentation (e.g., narratives and flow charts), and developing/implementing corrective action plans to address findings
- Performing recurring testing, such as testing internal controls, designing and executing Manager’s Internal Controls Programs
- Providing targeted area support based on Component
- Manage and execute work streams
- Review all documentation prepared by more junior personnel
What You Will Need:
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET federal security clearance; or higher.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field.
- FIVE (5) years of experience in audit, audit remediation and/or internal controls.
- Ability to travel as needed
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Ability to work onsite at Client office location a minimum of 1x a week
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- An ACTIVE and CURRENT SECRET federal security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or another related field
- One of the following professional certifications: CPA, CISA, CIA, CGFM or CDFM
- DoD FM Experience
- Experience performing financial statement audits, audit remediation services or audit remediation and sustainment services within DoD or another Federal Government agency or department.
- Experience performing recurring testing, such as testing internal controls, designing, and executing Manager’s Internal Controls Programs (Risk Manager’s Internal Control Program)
- Performing and reviewing statement analysis, financial information, reporting results, and financial statement audit report analysis
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Student Loan PayDown
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Mobility Stipend
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.