We are looking for citizens who want to be a part of something bigger and are willing to go the distance to make a difference. Is that you?
In more than 60 countries, Peace Corps Volunteers are putting their purpose, passion, and skills to work in partnership with welcoming host communities – growing, teaching, learning, and making change. Together.
As a Peace Corps Volunteer, you will live and work alongside community members on locally prioritized projects, receiving a stipend and other support as you immerse yourself in a new culture. You’ll build relationships, exchange knowledge, and help transform lives for generations.
Peace Corps Volunteers:
- Serve for two years following three months of in-country training.
- In addition to the $375 monthly readjustment allowance, the Peace Corps provides each Volunteer with housing and a living stipend that enables them to live and work alongside the people in their community of service.
- Receive medical and dental care during service.
- Receive transportation to and from country of service.
- Often learn a new language during service (some positions may require French or Spanish; language requirements vary by job opportunity and country).
- Opportunity to earn a Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certificate.
- Receive career support and federal hiring benefits when they return home.
- Earn lifetime eligibility for graduate school fellowships through the Paul D. Coverdell Fellows program.
- Must be U.S. citizens.
- Must be at least 18 years old (no upper age limit).
When you serve in the Peace Corps, your efforts will have an impact on people’s lives – today and for generations to come. There are six sectors and countless ways you can work with communities to make change together. In addition to Peace Corps’ two-year Volunteer program, Peace Corps Response offers opportunities for experienced professionals to undertake short-term, high-impact service assignments overseas.
Visit PeaceCorps.gov/Bold today to learn more and browse our current Volunteer openings.