Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking an Intern for our Life Sciences practice. The West Monroe Life Sciences team helps companies innovate in the digitally enabled patient-centric healthcare ecosystem that links patients, providers, payers, and life sciences companies. As an Life Sciences Intern, you will help define best practices by analyzing global trends, local market conditions, and industry-specific business requirements. From there, you will work side-by-side with West Monroe colleagues and client teams to deliver these best practices and transform client operations.
This position is available in Chicago. West Monroe does not provide housing or relocation for students.
Healthcare and Life Sciences Interns have these primary responsibilities:
- Evaluate, propose, and implement new business solutions to enhance client performance
- Advise clients on how best to adapt and optimize their organization in response to changes caused by healthcare legislation, trends, and technologies
- Participate in business process optimization, including requirements gathering, gap analysis, process mapping and redesign to create target business models
- Engage in project management opportunities gaining exposure to cross functional engagements
- Learn to develop IT strategy and roadmaps by:
- Assessing current state business and application architectures
- Aligning IT strategy with key business objectives
- Delivering future state roadmap with IT and business architecture solutions
- Assist private equity clients in risk mitigation and technology cost expectations when considering mergers and acquisitions by:
- Assessing alignment with business and IT strategies
- Evaluating capabilities and skill sets of IT organizations
- Learning about core business processes and system utilization
- Gain exposure to vendor selection efforts through:
- Requirements gathering and vendor analysis
- Assisting in the development and implementation of design solutions
- Creating materials and supporting the execution of training sessions
Here’s what you should bring to the table:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, with adaptability to new challenges
- Effective time-management and organizational skills in a fast-paced setting
- Demonstrated leadership experience and communication (written and oral) abilities
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Team-oriented and collaborative working style
- Curious and committed to continuous learning and innovation
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree, expected to graduate between Dec 2024 – Jul 2025
- Intern candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without limitation or sponsorship now or in the future (e.g., OPT, H-1B visa, TN, etc.)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Interns must live within 100 miles of their office throughout their internship. Our culture emphasizes team collaboration and a hybrid work model
- Ability to travel Monday – Thursday (weekly) up to 50%. West Monroe covers travel expenses
- Majors with a focus in:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Health Services
- Healthcare Administration
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
Based on pay transparency guidelines, the pay rate for this role is $39.00.